When was the last time you had a conversation you really enjoyed? A conversation that feels great can melt our heart. Taking the time to appreciate someone else for what they have done feels great.
Thank someone who has been helpful to your recently. Tell them specifically what you appreciated that they did for you. Here are some ways to get your Conversation for Appreciation started:
- Thank you for ________.
- The reason I really appreciate what you did is . . .
- I wanted to point out several things I've noticed that you've done very well recently. . .
- Jodi told me you really excel at . . .
- Susan, while Mark is standing here with us, I wanted to share with you some of the things he has done recently to help our department. He has been a star because he . . .
- Congratulations on the successful completion of the XYZ project. Thank you for putting in so much time to ensure that all the details were handled.
- I can see you are going to be just what we need in this organization. I'm glad you are joining us.
- Thank you for doing such a good job facilitating our team meeting. I like how you made sure you heard ideas from everyone.